Shinma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maldeth Level 1 Power

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunneh

Bunneh

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-02-26

Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty
PostSubject: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-27, 12:14 am

Character Name: Maldeth
Race: Elf
Login Name: Adorital
Power level: Level 1
Character level: 10

[Innate] Mana Blast

RP: Maldeth learned a few basics of combat magic when he studied the magical arts, however was never very proficient at it. Each attempt tires him further and it causes less damage than a skilled magician would be capable of performing. Maldeth's attacks are merely a small blast of concentrated mana stored within himself.

DF: Normal attacks are performed with intelligence, no damage bonus is added and each attack costs 1 Mana.

[Active] Necromancer - 8 SP - 2/fight - 2 Round cooldown

RP: Secretly Maldeth has harboured a fascination for dead things, hiding away in his secret hide-out, he conducts experiments on bodies dug up from graves now and then. Maldeth always keeps a specimen nearby in case of an emergency. Armed with basic leather armour, a shoddy sword and wooden shield, it is capable of combat, and has been capable of taking

DF: Summons a Skeleton/Zombie to fight for him.
The undead minion has 15 HP and a Strength modifier equal to Maldeth's Intelligence with which it attacks with.
Damage dealt is rank damage equal to Maldeth's level.
It also has 2 DR/round.
Only 1 may be summoned/on the field at a time.
Back to top Go down
Tjuven92
PINGAS!
Tjuven92

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-27, 8:48 am

https://kallis.forummotion.com/t256-necromancy-technqiues

Necromancereh allready exciztz as magicz.
Back to top Go down
http://filipse.deviantart.com/
gaser20

gaser20

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 2:15 pm

Yeah I would say a summon as strong as the caster would be way OP for a level one. once you summon that they are now fighting 2 people at once? plus as Fappy pointed out necromancy already exists, and does not summon a creature near as strong, closest is the highest current rank but only dealing 1d4+2 a hit, AND having mana upkeep. the idea is ok I suppose but you need to revise that last one.

As for the first ability, just be careful not to make a one stat for everything character.
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 5:32 pm

*Shrug* I was unaware of the necromancy skills at first, and i'm not sure how to go about learning them, I guess asking a DM for permission to self learn may work xD

However with the HP I put it to static 15, so it would likely end up dieing in 2-3 rounds.
My character doesn't really know any spells (and probably won't know any unless he learns Necromancy techs). So can't release any high damage attacks. Only the mana draining Innate he has.

So the general idea of this was that he has his servants, the undead, to fight for him, while he will likely be concentrating on using his mental link with it to direct it in the fight and attack/avoid the opponent.

Humm. . If I were to decrease the damage of the innate, would that help? (For example, drop it to do 1 rank lower in damage, 1d4 becomes 1d2, 1d6 becomes 1d4 etc) Or have it as 1 rank lower and +1 damage (ie, 1d2+1, 1d4+1, etc)
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 5:37 pm

Bunneh wrote:
*Shrug* I was unaware of the necromancy skills at first, and i'm not sure how to go about learning them, I guess asking a DM for permission to self learn may work xD

However with the HP I put it to static 15, so it would likely end up dieing in 2-3 rounds.
My character doesn't really know any spells (and probably won't know any unless he learns Necromancy techs) and so is practically incapable of fighting, himself.

So the general idea of this was that he has his servants, the undead, to fight for him, while he will likely be concentrating on using his mental link with it to direct it in the fight and attack/avoid the opponent.

Yes but the rank 2 necromancy only has 17hp, and an upkeep cost, as well as lower damage than a base attack. plus your character IS capable of learning techs/spells. I would still have to consider that. If it removed his ability to fight himself then you have to note that, it might be acceptable then but it could still be viewed as giving him 15 extra hp and 2 dr till it is defeated. and at that twice per fight.
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 5:44 pm

Bunneh wrote:

Humm. . If I were to decrease the damage of the innate, would that help? (For example, drop it to do 1 rank lower in damage, 1d4 becomes 1d2, 1d6 becomes 1d4 etc) Or have it as 1 rank lower and +1 damage (ie, 1d2+1, 1d4+1, etc)

since that was added while I was typing <.<

you would still need to add an upkeep. but if it was written like this then I think it would be passible. of course I would note the IC result of raising the dead. your character would be shunned by near everyone if they saw it, and likely end up wanted. since necromancy is generally evil.
in addition the necromancy spell rules:

OOC information and requirements:
- DM approval.
- One cannot learn any sort of holy/divination spells after learning this.
- One cannot learn to use summons after learning this.
- One cannot get more than up to rank 2 is melee techniques after learning this. If one has already learned over rank two in a melee technique, that character can no longer learn this.

GRANTED. I do not know myself if that is applicable to character powers. and thus will leave it up to the higher ups
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 6:11 pm

Keep in mind that a rank 2 tech costs 4 SP
The power costs 8 SP straight up.

In effect i'm paying the Upkeep in advance.

The Rank 2 also has the Corpse fever effect, wheras mine simply has normal damage only. Which, at level 1, will reach up to 1d8 at level 25. (But be stuck at 1d6 till level 21) Where the Tech one's damage is 1d6+2 (3-6), using the users highest mental stat (just as mine is) to attack.

And yes Gaser, i'm aware of the IC implications. I choose Necromancy for that very reason. Because its
1.) Evil
2.) Currently Unique
3.) Makes life interesting
4.) Requires caution when RPing around others :3

I am fully aware of what i'm getting myself into by choosing Necromancy as a path. And i've asked scorchys, who said I can learn Necromancy ^^
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 7:30 pm

Necomancy spells have the same base cost as other spells and an upkeep cost. yes, but if you are spending 8, then that is 4 more than usual. only enough for 2 rounds of upkeep. summons on their own are still more powerful than most spells because as I said already, while you have something summoned you are still getting 2 attacks per round.
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 8:06 pm

However if I drop the base damage of my attacks, and limit myself to only using necromancy, no other techs, then i'd be limiting my damage output severely. Reducing the effectiveness of the two attacks and making the undead servant my main attacker. Any attacks I make having to cost additional MP too. I'll run out of MP pretty damn fast. lol.

But hmm. .lesse. . Another idea of mine how about something like this?
3 attacks every 2nd round, yes, but damage is less and the 2nd one is vulnerable and still drains heavily on Maldeth's mana reserves.
The innate is basically 2 MP for up to 2 HP and the ability to attack with int/wis.

[Innate] Life Drain

RP: Maldeth learned a few basics of combat magic when he studied the magical arts, however his main focus has been in that of necromancy and mind magic. So when he learned how to perform a simple strike, he worked to combine it with his necromancer abilities, coming up with a way to drain the life force from a target and consume it himself, albeit he could only consume a small amount, not very much.

DF: Paying 2 Mana Maldeth can make a standard attack that does rank damage and heals him for a maximum of 2 HP (0-1 if he does less than 2 damage). His Int/wis modifier adds bonus damage.

[Active] Necromancer - Tech cost+3 MP

RP: Secretly Maldeth has harboured a fascination for dead things, hiding away in his secret hide-out, he conducts experiments on bodies dug up from graves now and then. Having worked on his powers of necromancy so thoroughly, he has developed the ability to master it to an extent where he can actively control multiple undead at one time during combat, although one of them suffers from lack of direction as Maldeth is forced to focus mostly on one.

DF: Allows Maldeth to summon 2 undead servants at a time, however the 2nd one can only attack every second round and does 1 rank less in damage. (He must pay full upkeep for both). If one of these servants are destroyed, Maldeths full concentration goes to the other, giving it full, normal functionability.
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-02-29, 11:23 pm

Bunneh wrote:
However if I drop the base damage of my attacks, and limit myself to only using necromancy, no other techs, then i'd be limiting my damage output severely. Reducing the effectiveness of the two attacks and making the undead servant my main attacker. Any attacks I make having to cost additional MP too. I'll run out of MP pretty damn fast. lol.
it's 1mp it will still last a while. and you would still be able to attack once out of mp. the point is I cannot assume you will do so unless it is included as a downside in your power. otherwise you could abuse a loophole for (insert reason at the time) so summons like with any necromancy spell still require the upkeep and lowered damage so they are not broken.

But hmm. .lesse. . Another idea of mine how about something like this?
3 attacks every 2nd round, yes, but damage is less and the 2nd one is vulnerable and still drains heavily on Maldeth's mana reserves.
The innate is basically 2 MP for up to 2 HP and the ability to attack with int/wis.

[Innate] Life Drain

RP: Maldeth learned a few basics of combat magic when he studied the magical arts, however his main focus has been in that of necromancy and mind magic. So when he learned how to perform a simple strike, he worked to combine it with his necromancer abilities, coming up with a way to drain the life force from a target and consume it himself, albeit he could only consume a small amount, not very much.

DF: Paying 2 Mana Maldeth can make a standard attack that does rank damage and heals him for a maximum of 2 HP (0-1 if he does less than 2 damage). His Int/wis modifier adds bonus damage.
as this regen requires a hit I can see it being 2, so that is ok. if it is standard then it can be blocked which I also approve of. so this I like.

[Active] Necromancer - Tech cost+3 MP

RP: Secretly Maldeth has harboured a fascination for dead things, hiding away in his secret hide-out, he conducts experiments on bodies dug up from graves now and then. Having worked on his powers of necromancy so thoroughly, he has developed the ability to master it to an extent where he can actively control multiple undead at one time during combat, although one of them suffers from lack of direction as Maldeth is forced to focus mostly on one.

DF: Allows Maldeth to summon 2 undead servants at a time, however the 2nd one can only attack every second round and does 1 rank less in damage. (He must pay full upkeep for both). If one of these servants are destroyed, Maldeths full concentration goes to the other, giving it full, normal functionability.
this seems to have gotten worse... I saw what you said above but here is a question, does your summon get stat damage bonuses? it is attacking with your int. so if you have 2 of them at once then attack 2 times in a turn dealing that damage... and worse still when it is 3. you added upkeep, that is good, but you didn't note what the upkeep was. the original was better, just needed the damage lowered from rank, and an upkeep added.

to make matters worse necromancy/summons is by DM approval, and no I am pretty sure I am not the one whom approves that.

Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 12:03 am

Lol I've already been approved for Necromancy by Scorchys. I said as much.

Quote :
I am fully aware of what i'm getting myself into by choosing Necromancy as a path. And i've asked scorchys, who said I can learn Necromancy ^^

I wouldn't be able to attack once out of MP. . .since i'm Mental based ... lol.
I don't abuse or exploit powers. Even with Karens power from B-X I purposefully rarely fought and melted my character when asked. (I would have changed the power, but the RP had dried up, she was an oldish char)

Gaser. . .I did note what the upkeep was. lol. It depends on the tech. This active is directly related to the tech.
Put it this way.

I want to use 2 rank 2 summon techs.
First round, i'll summon Mr. Z. Costs me 4 MP (+2 MP upkeep) (Don't know if they can attack upon summon, we'll assume they can't for now)
2nd round i'll summon Mr. S. Costs me 6 MP (+2 MP Upkeep) -- Mr. Z Attacks.
Round 3 I attack with my Innate (the only attack I can do) Mr. Z Attacks, Mr S. is stationary. I've currently used 16 MP by the 3rd round.
Round 4 I attack, Mr S. Attacks and Mr. Z. Attacks. Now i've used 22 MP.

By round 4 i've lost most of my MP (I calculate i'll have 32 MP by level 25 unless I get stat upgrade in which case it might be 34-36 total) and only managed to toss out 2 1d8 attacks (assuming level 25), and 4 1d4+2 attacks. for 22 MP (leaving me 10-14, which'll last me like. .2 more rounds max.)
4 rounds = 6 Attacks = 22 MP. Most of the damage being less than rank. Wheras someone doing normal attacks would get 4 1d8's in that time for no MP cost. Razz
This whole scenario not having included enemy attacks, as they may, more than likely, be able to destroy a summon during this time, causing less attacks and wasted mana/less upkeep due to the lack.

Yes, you have 3 targets to slaughter, but then you've also generally got a fairly big window to do it in, or you just have to weather it out and wait till the MP runs out. At which point the summons crumble(get destroyed), losing the magic binding them, and Maldeth will be unable to perform any further attacks since he has no physical stats (on my word at this stage in his development [ie being an elf] he won't be getting physical stats)

I will cede the point of the bonus damage added for the summons, I'm not sure if that actually adds, however I doubt it, as the tech merely says "attacks with the summoner's highest mental stat" Not that they get the damage bonuses. So basically its as if they're attacking with Dex. No damage bonus. And i'm assuming their defence phases are counted as blocks.
So in effect the only person getting damage bonus would be me. As is normal anyway.

And yes, the innate is blockable+Dodgable. :3 Since it doesn't say otherwise. And I assume negatable. *shrug* Defendable in all ways Razz
Back to top Go down
Scorchys
le Pill0w of Fate tart~
Scorchys

Number of posts : 1130
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 12:56 am

You got approved for learning necro spells as it is stated

- One cannot learn to use summons after learning this.

So yeah, necromancer already has summons in it, can't add it to your power Razz
either get a boost in necromancy spells and drops the summons or make techs base around your new necromancer spells to add to standards spells. Sorry for the confusion, it just seems silly to add extra summons in your summons, yo dawg i heard you like summons in your summons.
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 12:58 am

But it is based around the necromancy skills? xD

This was the tech I was referring to:

Quote :
Name: Herrijzen der lichamen (Body's revival)
Description: The more advanced and rather morbid minion technique, this causes an entire body to rise as a willing servant of the caster. It takes the requires amount of mana for the spell and morphs it around to make it resemble a sort of soul. This is used in the same manner as the spawning of Ondode, making the 'soul' inhabit the body, which makes it stop the decaying process and turn the body into a loyal servant. Much like the skeletons, it is not capable of understanding more than the instructions given to him, but unlike the skeleton this one is self-sufficient if it can take in a daily dose of humanoid meat, whether from the dead or the living.
Incantation: Zij noemen het kwalijk, ik noem het nodig. Ze noemen het immoreel, ik noem het een kunst. Herrijs, mijn lievelijke dienaar, gij wordt nu een nieuw wezen, gezegend door mijn hand, luisterend naar enkel mijn lippen. (They call it foul, I call it necessary. They call it immoral, I call it art. Arise, my lovely minions, thy shall become a new creature, blessed by my hand, listening only to my lips.)
DF Effect: Summons a 'corpsewalker' that follows all orders exactly to the letter. This corpsewalker cannot show initiative, nor come up with tactics of any kind, it will simply follow all orders precisely as given. The corpsewalker has an upkeep cost of 2 MP per round in combat or 2 MP per hour outside of it, unless it is fed humanoid flesh on a daily basis. In that case, there is no upkeep cost. It has 17 HP and immunity to anything that would require a working metabolism or brain (normal, non-magical poisons/diseases, mind-affecting spells, bleeding). It deals 1d4+2 damage per hit and attacks with the summoner's highest mental stat and on hit it has a 1 on 4 chance (roll 1d4, 4 is success) of inflicting the target with 'corpse fever', meaning they must roll CON versus DC 15 every round or take -2 to their rolls, excluding damage. If the upkeep cost cannot be paid anymore, it is instantly destroyed.
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 7:49 am

Hmmm, Scorchy's ruling is final I think, there are other necromancy based spells you could write into it though. less difficult to balance than summons.
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 5:24 pm

Quote :
either get a boost in necromancy spells and drops the summons or make techs base around your new necromancer spells to add to standards spells.

But it is boosting a necromancy skill like she asked Razz

And there aren't many necromancer skills to pick from :/
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 6:09 pm

you could do something like a small bonus to necromancy summon hp/damage. or something that adds a small bonus to necromancy rolls
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-01, 7:04 pm

Hummmm. . .how bout this?

[Innate] Life Drain

[Innate] Dedication

RP: Maldeth has spent most hours of every day practicing his necromancy, mainly focussing on his summoning and reanimating of the dead. Having focussed primarily in this area of his art, he has obtained an above average skill in this area, allowing him to more easily control his powers when used in this form. He's also developed a way in which to increase the solidity of his servants bodies, using magic to fortify the bones and flesh and make it harder to puncture.

DF: Mana Upkeep for Necromancer summons are reduced by 1 MP
Necromancer Summons have an additional +1 DR/hit.
Out of Combat this allows him to animate and control multiple summons with more ease.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Personal Sexy assistance

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-02, 10:13 am

Approved by lucy the last version
Back to top Go down
gaser20

gaser20

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-02, 10:13 am

There you have it. I like the last version there as well :3
Back to top Go down
Scorchys
le Pill0w of Fate tart~
Scorchys

Number of posts : 1130
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-02, 10:21 am

yes approved by latest version
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-02, 4:51 pm

Well. We eventually got there! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maldeth Level 1 Power   Maldeth Level 1 Power Empty

Back to top Go down

Maldeth Level 1 Power
Page 1 of 1