Shinma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derricks Level 1 Power

Go down 
+3
Shaiapouf
Bunneh
Shikatoru
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shikatoru

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Derricks Level 1 Power Empty
PostSubject: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-26, 3:43 am

Character's Name: Derrick Holin
Player's Name: Shikatoru
Power's Name: Ones True Form
Biography: In the works
Level At Power Creation: 15
Power Strenght: Weak
Highest 3 abilities: Strength, Dexterity, (Constitution/Charisma)((Same Level))

Power From Within:
[RP] Derrick's strength and speed has yet to be match by anyone at his level and some above. He takes great pride in knowing his bodies limitations and being able to go beyond them. With immense amounts of training and conditioning his body is able to surpass the limits of a normal human and achieve power beyond man.

[DF] +1 To Attack Rolls/ +1 To Dodge Rolls

Controlled Regeneration:
[RP] In Derrick's life time he has spend many years dedicated to discovering the key to unlocking how the human body recovers from injuries. In his studies he stumbled upon a great secret in man which would allow for a quick recovery from wounds. With time and a brief moment to concentrate Derrick can focus his thoughts and force his body fixate on an injury and recover using the hidden potential locked deep within man.

[DF] 2 Hp Regen. Every Other Turn

Knowledge of a Warrior:
[RP] Derrick has experience many fights, brawls, and, battles and has studied human anatomy in all its forms which give the distinct advantage of knowing kinesthesiology very well. This knowledge allows him the greatest amount of power behind each blow and attack along with being able to reduce the amount of damage his opponents can do to him with a simple momentum shift.

[DF] +1 to Physical Damage Rolls/ 1 Physical Damage Reduction

Items of Choice: Necklace

Last edited by Shikatoru on 2012-03-27, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-26, 7:17 pm

Looks fine to me I guess. . .
Back to top Go down
Shaiapouf

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-26, 11:16 pm

Personally I think it does a little too much...Regen,DR,+Attack,+Dodge,+Damage,its a big innate that buffs well...everything melee based.
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-26, 11:58 pm

When I first saw the DR and regen i was dubious too. but 'sfar as i understand its 2 hp regen every 2nd turn. Which makes for a very small regen, which makes it somewhat more approvable in my eyes when put with the DR.

But yeah, maybe if one of the innates was dropped . .?

So I guess for a level 1 power. . the options could be?:

1.) +1 Attack +1 Defence 2 HP regen every other round
2.) +1 attack +1 defence +1 damage 1 DR/hit(?)
3.) 2 HP regen every other round +1 damage 1 DR/hit(?)

On that note. . is the DR per hit or per round?. . .
Back to top Go down
Scorchys
le Pill0w of Fate tart~
Scorchys

Number of posts : 1130
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-27, 12:55 am

Silly Shikatoru you can't just pick a strong power unless you were mixing powers then yeah you need to drop a few things as strong powers fall under special concepts, you're a human last i recall.
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-27, 5:46 am

((Silly me :3, well how about this? just dropped the last part off))

Power From Within:
[RP] Derrick's strength and speed has yet to be match by anyone at his level and some above. He takes great pride in knowing his bodies limitations and being able to go beyond them. With immense amounts of training and conditioning his body is able to surpass the limits of a normal human and achieve power beyond man.

Controlled Regeneration:
[RP] In Derrick's life time he has spend many years dedicated to discovering the key to unlocking how the human body recovers from injuries. In his studies he stumbled upon a great secret in man which would allow for a quick recovery from wounds. With time and a brief moment to concentrate Derrick can focus his thoughts and force his body fixate on an injury and recover using the hidden potential locked deep within man.

Back to top Go down
RDT

RDT

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-27, 11:14 am

you can add an active to this if you like but yea we dont really want innate regen and dr that protects the same pool on a power.
Back to top Go down
Tjuven92
PINGAS!
Tjuven92

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-27, 1:29 pm

Shikatoru wrote:

Power Strenght: Strong

Except human powers are "Weak" Razz

Quote :
Level 1 powers
Here are some generic guidelines for creating powers:
Weak level powers:
Level 1:
- Amount of powers: 2-3 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +1 to two specific rolls (physical attack, magic attack, block/dodge, etc)
- Regeneration: 1
- Damage reduction: 1d4
- Damage bonus: +1 or +2, depending on your other powers
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -1 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -1 to more global rolls/damage or -2 to two specific rolls/damage if you allow for a save.
Back to top Go down
http://filipse.deviantart.com/
RDT

RDT

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-27, 3:31 pm

it was as simple mistake and for future reference all the "strongs" are in the SCC races...however i want everyone to realize that in the end they all come out the same on the top end..so its no need to fixate or pick a race based on weak or strong as that will really only matter on the lower level powers. So pick a race or class based on what fits your rp concept best.
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-27, 9:33 pm

Power From Within:

Knowledge of a Warrior:
[RP] Derrick has experience many fights, brawls, and, battles and has studied human anatomy in all its forms which give the distinct advantage of knowing kinesthesiology very well. This knowledge allows him the greatest amount of power behind each blow and attack along with being able to reduce the amount of damage his opponents can do to him with a simple momentum shift.

[DF] +2 to Physical Damage Rolls/ 2 Physical Damage Reduction

Items of Choice: Necklace

//Okay this is another option, No more regen. and I ment to change the power strength from strong to weak, Will this work?
Back to top Go down
Tjuven92
PINGAS!
Tjuven92

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 7:01 am

Is the damage reduction per round or per hit? <.<

Its fine if its per round, but abit too much if its per hit, ingeneral +2 to things are for level 2 powers aswell unless
you skip multitudes for a single stronger one... <<,
Back to top Go down
http://filipse.deviantart.com/
Soul Saint
Personal Sexy assistance
Soul Saint

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:20 am

Quote :
Power From Within:

You gotta choose one or the other.

Knowledge of a Warrior:

[DF] +2 to Physical Damage Rolls/ 2 Physical Damage Reduction

Same as before. Powers can't be an all-in-one package.

What you could do is have one innate, and two actives. The actives being a sort of adrenalin rush and/or inner-strength - Both fueled by your characters mana to use with a cooldown of 1 round after their duration wears off. The actives wouldn't be stackable, but they would be more approachable in terms of approving than how this is in it's current form.
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:07 pm

Power From Within:

[DF] +1 To Attack Rolls

Controlled Regeneration:

[DF] 3 Mana per use, 2 rounds , 1 Uses per Fight
2 Hp Regen

Knowledge of a Warrior:
[RP] Derrick has experience many fights, brawls, and, battles and has studied human anatomy in all its forms which give the distinct advantage of knowing kinesthesiology very well. This knowledge allows him the greatest amount of power behind each blow and attack.

[DF] 3 Mana Per Use, 2 uses per fight, Last for 2 rounds, 1RD CD
+1 to Physical Damage Rolls

//Is this good?

Last edited by Shikatoru on 2012-03-28, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:09 pm

I'd think you can heal more than 2 HP for 3 Mana, 1 round cooldown and 2/fight?. . .

Maybe reduce the 2nd Active's Mana Cost too .. (2 MP?)
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:10 pm

nah i think this is what they want
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:11 pm

3 mana for 2 HP
and 3 Mana for +1 damage. . .

Seems a bit much. .

That ( i would assume) would be weaker than a standard rank 1 tech/spell. . . .
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:15 pm

. . . . I'm just angry lol trying not to be difficult with my ability but its pulling away from what I was seeing my character as
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:16 pm

As you progress you can most likely move closer towards what you're aiming for, there's always some sort of compromise that you can come to if you can get someone who knows the proper power balance to sit down and talk it out with you.
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:18 pm

Yeah I figured as much ohh well
Back to top Go down
RDT

RDT

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:32 pm

Shikatoru wrote:
((Silly me :3, well how about this? just dropped the last part off))

Power From Within:

Controlled Regeneration:

This was fine as it is just add an active.
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-28, 9:45 pm

Yeah I had no problem with that version when you put it up.

In a way it's 1 HP regen/round
+1 Attack roll (General roll)
+1 Dodge (Specified roll)

So maybe a + damage active, or an active with its own damage rating (rather than stacking on a standard melee attack)
Or a Damage over duration active?
2 SP 3/fight DF: +1d2(1d3?) Damage added to standard melee attack.

2-3 SP 2/fight, Doesn't stack with self DF: If the active is used and hit the target then the target suffers an additonal 1 UnDRable HP damage/round for 1d2+1 rounds?

4 SP 2/fight, 1 round/cooldown DF: 1d8+3+Str Damage to 1 target.

Something along those lines I guess could be added on as an active.( Just examples, not saying you have to go with that, you may well have another idea for your active Razz )
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-29, 6:01 am

Okay so RP wording aside how does this sounds?

+1 Attack Rolls (Melee/Physical) +1 Dodge (General) ((would these two be considered 1 innate or 2 Separate?))

Some sort of regen. either it be innate or active what ever is agreeable through the DM staff ( innate 2 regen. every other round or 2 regen. active for a set amount of time)

+1 or 1d2? damage (Melee/Physical Attacks) Active 2-3 sp 3/Fight 1 RD CD

Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-29, 9:53 am

I'm thinkin something like this could probably work:

Innate: +1 attack rolls (melee/Physical), +1 Dodge
Innate: 2 HP regen every other round.
Active: 3/fight, 1 Rd CD, 2 SP - +1d2(Or 1d3?) damage added to a standard melee/physical attack.
Back to top Go down
Shikatoru

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-31, 2:01 am

Either or I'm good with what ever the DM team approves
Back to top Go down
Bunneh

Bunneh

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty2012-03-31, 3:44 am

Quote :
Innate: Power From Within:

Innate: Controlled Regeneration:

Active: Knowledge of a Warrior - 2 SP - 1 Round Cooldown, 3/fight
RP: Derrick has experience many fights, brawls, and, battles and has studied human anatomy in all its forms which give the distinct advantage of knowing kinesthesiology very well. This knowledge allows him the greatest amount of power behind each blow and attack along with being able to reduce the amount of damage his opponents can do to him with a simple momentum shift.

DF: +1d3 damage added to a standard melee/physical attack.

^ So you want this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derricks Level 1 Power   Derricks Level 1 Power Empty

Back to top Go down

Derricks Level 1 Power
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next