Shinma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy server

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Power guidelines

Go down 
+2
Dranz
Feroxinis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Feroxinis

Feroxinis

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-21, 1:16 pm

Quote :
Level 1 powers are gained at level 15.
Level 2 powers are gained at level 25 and replace your level 1 powers.
Level 3 powers are gained at level 35 and must be activated, in some sort of release or whatever fancy little thing you can come up with. Once activated, they replace your level 2 powers until deactivated again.
Forbidden powers are optionally gained at level 40, with heavy RP requirement. These must also be activated and stack with your rank 3 powers. You must, of course, first be 'released' into your rank 3 powers.
Aside from this, some races have different levels at which they gain their powers, such as the beastman getting their first powers on creation.

Here are some generic guidelines for creating powers:
Weak level powers:
Level 1:
- Amount of powers: 2-3 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +1 to two specific rolls (physical attack, magic attack, block/dodge, etc)
- Regeneration: 1
- Damage reduction: 1d4
- Damage bonus: +1 or +2, depending on your other powers
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -1 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -1 to more global rolls/damage or -2 to two specific rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Level 2:
- Amount of powers: 2-4 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +2 to two specific rolls (physical attack, magic attack, block/dodge, etc) or +1 to more global rolls (all attack, all defence).
- Regeneration: 1d4
- Damage reduction: 1d4+1
- Damage bonus: +2 or +1d4, depending on your other powers
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -2 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -2 to more global rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Level 3:
- Amount of powers: 3-5 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +2 to more global rolls or +3 to a single roll.
- Regeneration: 1d4+1
- Damage reduction: 1d4+2 or 1d6+1
- Damage bonus: Ranging from a +2 to 1d4+1, depending on your other powers and if you have bonuses to rolls.
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -2 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -2 to more global rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Forbidden powers are in a league of their own and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.

Strong level powers:
Level 1:
- Amount of powers: 2-4 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +1 to two specific rolls (physical attack, magic attack, block/dodge, etc) or +2 to one specific roll.
- Regeneration: 1 or 2
- Damage reduction: 1d4
- Damage bonus: +2
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -1 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -1 to more global rolls/damage or -2 to two specific rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Level 2:
- Amount of powers: 2-5 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +2 to two specific rolls (physical attack, magic attack, block/dodge, etc) or +3 to one specific roll.
- Regeneration: 1d4+1 or 3
- Damage reduction: 1d4+2 or 1d6+1
- Damage bonus: Ranging from 2 to 1d4+1, depending on your other powers
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -2 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -3 to one or two more global rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Level 3:
- Amount of powers: 3-5 (depending on the individual strength of each power)
- Bonuses to rolls: +3 to two specific rolls. +4 is normally not possible, the exception being an innate with a limited activated.
- Regeneration: 1d4+2 (or static 4), or 1d4+3 (or static 5) if it's your main defensive ability.
- Damage reduction: 1d6+3 or 1d8+2.
- Damage bonus: Ranging from a +3 to 1d4+2, depending on your other powers and if you have bonuses to rolls.
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -2 to two specific rolls/damage (see bonuses) without save, -3 to one or two more global rolls/damage if you allow for a save. A global -3 to all rolls and/or damage is also possible, if this is one focus of your power.

Forbidden powers are in a league of their own and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.

Medium powers are not given straight out numbers here. They're more like the intermediate stage between weak and strong powers in terms of numbers.
For example, for a level 1 weak power to have a +2 to rolls on something, the rest of their power would be severely cut back in effectiveness. A medium power in that case would still have decent other powers.
When designing medium powers, just keep in the back of your head, that your powers will be as powerful as slightly boosted weak powers, or that you will have one strong-level power with the rest at weak level.

Obviously, these are just guidelines. If you were to add in a weakness on your powers, you might get more out of it.
There will be no stacking of damage reduction and regeneration.
You can have both bonuses and penalties on your powers, as long as one of them is an activated and the stacking won't be over-the-top (say, having a +3 to attack rolls and then giving someone a -2 penalty to defence).
Roleplay powers don't count towards your general power strength as much as normal dicefight powers.

Some small notes beforehand:
Regeneration is weaker than damage reduction, because it's generally more powerful.
The penalties on the second and third level are indeed the same. This is penalties can be slightly more useful when you combine someone giving penalties with someone having bonuses to rolls.
Dual-wield is not covered here because that is still under discussion.

Now feel free to leave constructive criticism and comments.

Last edited by Feroxinis on 2011-04-23, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dranz
Mr Host tart~
Dranz

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-21, 1:32 pm

Hm...I actually think this makes sense, especially since it acts as a guideline and not a solid deal(which leaves room for compromise as well.) I'm going to think on it some more, and wait for further details for now though.
Back to top Go down
Scorchys
le Pill0w of Fate tart~
Scorchys

Number of posts : 1130
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-21, 3:13 pm

Ohh prettyfied, thanks Foxy Razz
Back to top Go down
Soul Saint
Personal Sexy assistance
Soul Saint

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-21, 7:32 pm

Quote :
Weak level powers:
Level 1:
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -1 to two specific rolls/damage(see bonuses) without save, -1 to more global rolls/damage or -2 to two specific rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Highlighted: No auto, period. Same for the other level of Powers, including Forbidden. If someone is strong enough to the point they can auto it, that is a different story of course.
Back to top Go down
Tjuven92
PINGAS!
Tjuven92

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-21, 7:48 pm

Soul Saint wrote:
Quote :
Weak level powers:
Level 1:
- Inflicting penalties to rolls/damage: -1 to two specific rolls/damage(see bonuses) without save, -1 to more global rolls/damage or -2 to two specific rolls/damage if you allow for a save.

Highlighted: No auto, period. Same for the other level of Powers, including Forbidden. If someone is strong enough to the point they can auto it, that is a different story of course.

There's nothing wrong with Auto's generaly Soul.. as its technicaly the same as saying that you have a +1 from
an innate to blah passivly except that in this case its a debuff.
Back to top Go down
http://filipse.deviantart.com/
Soul Saint
Personal Sexy assistance
Soul Saint

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-21, 8:03 pm

Eh, not the biggest fan of auto-rolls still. Though it is assumed, a duration should be stated.
Back to top Go down
Feroxinis

Feroxinis

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-22, 2:59 am

The auto-penalties wouldn't be 'everyone in battle takes a -1 to all attacks/defence/etc'. That would have to be an activated, or as an auto on higher levels with only the -1 or -2. The auto penalties are '-1 to attack person A', which is pretty much the equivalent of a +1 to defence rolls. It's the same thing, only with different roleplay.

Regardless, if more people have a problem with this, I'll update it.
Back to top Go down
Seohyun

Seohyun

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-22, 9:11 am

Sorry to put this in bleach terms, but it helps me understand a little bit more. Don't shoot me =3 I'm just little confused.

So basically, level 1 is your shikai... level 2 is an upgrade that replaces your shikai into a even stronger one, and level 3 is like your level 2 going bankai? Just correct me if I'm wrong =P

Sorry! <3
Back to top Go down
Feroxinis

Feroxinis

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-22, 10:59 am

I should shoot you for that.

Though, the comparison is correct. Level three powers shouldn't have to be all fancy and big, though. for all I care it's you getting serious, with the powers being the same, but stronger.
Back to top Go down
Seohyun

Seohyun

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-22, 12:36 pm

Got it ^.^
Back to top Go down
Tjuven92
PINGAS!
Tjuven92

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-23, 9:02 am

Seohyun wrote:
Sorry to put this in bleach terms, but it helps me understand a little bit more. Don't shoot me =3 I'm just little confused.

So basically, level 1 is your shikai... level 2 is an upgrade that replaces your shikai into a even stronger one, and level 3 is like your level 2 going bankai? Just correct me if I'm wrong =P

Sorry! <3

More like LVL 1-3 Human power...
LVL 1 - Permanently Released
LVL 2 - Replaces your lvl 1
LVL 3 - Release healing +5 to blah blah blah
(atleast i think its like this)
Back to top Go down
Feroxinis

Feroxinis

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-23, 9:30 am

There, added in the strong and medium power templates.

Also, before certain people *COUGHTJUVENCOUGH* say I've taken the easy road with the medium powers, I did not. As explained there, medium powers are quite different and hard to put a tag on, as the strength of their individual powers differs greatly.
Back to top Go down
Tjuven92
PINGAS!
Tjuven92

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-23, 9:51 am

Feroxinis wrote:
There, added in the strong and medium power templates.

Also, before certain people *COUGHTJUVENCOUGH* say I've taken the easy road with the medium powers, I did not. As explained there, medium powers are quite different and hard to put a tag on, as the strength of their individual powers differs greatly.

Lolwut? Does anyone even have a Medium Power?

Also... by the way... take in mind that DR stacks with the bonus DR sources from CON...
(even though i'd rather just have it give HP per CON-point... as the DR-Bonus just screws scaling of
things up)
Back to top Go down
Feroxinis

Feroxinis

Power guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power guidelines   Power guidelines Empty2011-04-23, 12:20 pm

CON DR is currently under discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content